This week, Newsdesk is wondering what it has to do to get some get a lucrative vodka endorsement.
- There may be an economic crisis on, but it looks like the fear is yet to affect at least two areas of life: hip-hop and ultra-premium vodka. After all, if you were shy of cash you’d get towards thinking that Diddy doesn’t need 50% of your US profits, which suggests that the folk at Ciroc are pretty flush right now.
- Which is more than can be said for, say, Utah given that the Beehive State are looking towards alcohol sales to give the local economy a shot in the arm.
- Which is more than cab be said for the residents of Niger State, given that selling alcohol may well get you arrested.
- There are – in the UK, at least – fairly specific guidelines about how you can sell booze in TV commercials. The Guardian takes a look at Guinness’ foray into new, sexier territory in their latest ads.
(The video above isn’t the one they’re talking about.)
- Fears are being raised about a new product that can tell new mothers if they’ve taken in too much alcohol to breastfeed safely. If the kids are getting started drinking early, we’re going to need more livers.
- From Gary Regan’s Ardent Spirits Newsletter: theBarkeeper.com – devoted to the on-premise drink industry.