This edition of Newsdesk is sponsored by local pride coloured with a touch of envy.
- Lots of lovely things have been written about Bramble down on Queen Street, all of which are annoyingly true. So, congratulations to the team on winning Best Place to Drink in the 2009 Observer Food Monthly Awards.
- The other things Scots are good at? Dying from drink-related problems no matter where they go.
- The BBC hit up New York’s cocktailians for demos of historic drinks (Not sure how well iPlayer embeds work outside of the UK – let me know if the video works overseas).
- Over at Proof, what your favourite drink says about you.
- On creation – not the divisive theological kind, more the fun, drinky kind – though there’s a solid theoretical base to all the artistry.
- The New York Times happens across Paris’ Experimental Cocktail Club. Coincidence, or are they following the Cocktail Guru?